I obtained my PhD degree from VU University Amsterdam, in cooperation with the Dutch Center of Mathematics and Computer Science (CWI). The topics covered Markov Decision Processes, Evolutionary Algorithms (a subfield of Artificial Intelligence), and sensor networks. Additionally, I followed the MSc program ‘Business Analytics‘ at VU University, and both the BSC and MSc program for ‘Mathematics‘ at the University of Leiden. The list below contains all my scientific output to date.
- Networks of Sensors – Operation and Control [pdf]
PhD Thesis, Vrije Universiteit Amsterdam, ISBN: 978-94-028-0004-3
- Learning Optimal Policies in MDPs with Value Function Discovery [pdf]
ACM SIGMETRICS Performance Evaluation Review, 43(2): 7 – 9, 2015
- Throughput Modeling of the IEEE MAC for Sensor Networks [pdf]
ACM SIGMETRICS Performance Evaluation Review, 44(4), 2-9, 2017
- Value Function Discovery in Markov Decision Processes with Evolutionary Algorithms [pdf]
IEEE Transactions on Systems, Man, and Cybernetics: Systems
- On the Control of a Queueing System with Aging State Information [pdf]
Stochastic Models, 31(4): 588-617, 2015
- Efficient Resource Allocation for the Service Placement Problem in Next-generation Internet
Math. Problems in Engineering, vol. 2015, 15 pages, 2015.
- Outlier Preservation by Dimensionality Reduction Techniques [pdf]
Int. J. of Data Analysis Techniques and Strategies 7(3): 231 – 252, 2015
- An Overview of Centralised Middleware Components for Sensor Networks [pdf]
Int. J. of Ad Hoc and Ubiquitous Computing, 2016 Vol.21, No.3, pp.180 – 193
- Optimal query assignment for wireless sensor networks
Int. J. Electron. Commun. (AEÜ) 69: 1102–1112, 2015.
MSc thesis and paper ‘Business Analytics’
- MSc thesis: “Detecting unusual user profiles with outlier detection techniques.” [pdf]
- Supporting toolbox in Matlab for outlier detection.
- Research paper: “Skill-based Routing Policies in Call Centers.” [pdf][matlab code]