I coach starters, non-data professionals, and data experts (for instance, data engineers, data scientists, data analysts, business intelligence people) in finding or shaping a nice job in the world of ‘data’. I’m also active in this domain, and my background includes technical elements. Nice, that means we can spar about tech-stuff if needed 🙂 And you can talk to somebody who knows what your job is about. I have an extensive network, and I enjoy talking to people from both the data domain and outside. As a result. I’m up to date on current trends, tools, players, and viewpoints.
The coaching sessions with me are meant as a supplication to your own job hunt. They are quick, to the point, packed with information, and focused on your needs. In that process, I’m a sparring partner, asker of critical questions, and advisor. I teach you to ask the questions that are right for you, and thus enable you to follow your own path. You are in the lead in the sessions, determining the topics and the amount of time you need. If you don’t know how to be in the lead, I’ll teach you how to do that.
If you’re interested in career coaching, then reach out at firstname.lastname@example.org, or connect via LinkedIn. We’ll schedule a short (free) digital introduction, where we can check together if career coaching by me is useful for you, and how I can help you. I’m looking forward to it!
Common questions I encounter
- Should I work for a small company, or a large one?
- Should I work as a consultant, or be part of an in-house team?
- What companies are active in my area of expertise?
- Which role should I take? Data Engineer? Data Scientist? Data Analyst? etc.
- How can I best find vacancies?
- How can I compare job offers? (hint: it’s more difficult than just comparing gross salary)
- I want to work as a Data Scientist, but I’m cleaning data all the time.
- I’m a software developer, and the Data Scientists in my team don’t understand what it means to produce a mature IT product.
- I’m a Data Scientist, but I seem to be giving presentations most of the time. What do I do?
- I want to work with algorithms, but I’m mostly making dashboards. Is that normal?
- I want to move from Data Analysis into Data Science. How do I proceed?
- I want to move from Software Engineering to Data Engineering. Is that possible?
- I’m in meetings all day. Is that normal?